for Children's Writers/Illustrators
- Exciting online magazine from the UK about children's books.
- The Bulletin
of the Center for Children's Books
- Some consider it the book review journal; especially
revered by both school and public librarians. Thoughtful content
Book Insider: write4kids.com
- Bi-monthly newsletter offered by subscription has good information
and well-written how-to articles by its editor. CBI is a part
of write4kids.com, "The Children's Writing Supersite."
May be particularly helpful to newer writers; emphasis on selling
"how-to" products, "children's authors' bootcamp,"
- Children's Writer
- Newsletter with timely information, meaty articles by various
authors (many written by SCBWI members). New markets mentioned.
Keeps one on top of news and changes.
- Horn Book
- Book reviews, insightful commentary, provocative articles
(and letters to the ed). One section of their website for creators
of children's lit includes helpful articles. Visit their "Virtual
- Once Upon a Time
- Black and white no frills magazine, little/no advertising
within, just how-to, humorous or inspirational articles/poems/illustrations
by children's writers/illustrators for children's
writers/illustrators. A warm-fuzzy and filling read. Numerous
and fine columnists.
- Weekly all book business magazine; PW devotes two fat issues
entirely to children's books (one spring, one fall). These issues
can be bought at newsstands, though PW offers a special rate,
$15 for both, to SCBWI members; ask for it. Website offers news
and current articles sure to be of interest.
- School Library
- Source of respected reviews of children's books, often influencing
school librarians and teachers.