Our chapter newsletter: What's in it for you?
- Interviews with
editors, art directors, or other professionals in or related to our field.
- Articles from experienced authors and artists about the craft of writing
and illustrating for children.
Events in Michigan and neighboring regions, including all those sponsored by SCBWI-MI.
- Marketing News, including publishers'
needs, new or less-known markets, editorial and policy changes.
- Inspiration and Motivation from children's writers and illustrators who have laughed,
cried–and tried, tried again.
Grant, and Contest information for working writers and illustrators.
Check out past newsletters (graphics-heavy, may take time to load):
- The Educational Market: An Insider's View, by Kathryn Wheeler
- Finding a Great Nonfiction Topic, by Kim Marie Wood
- Be Smart About Dummies! by Jean Gralley
- Voice, by
- Veteran's Corner: The Loneliness of the
Long-Distance Writer, by Richard Peck
- Good Bad Guys, by Pam
- The Art (and the Pain) of Writing and Revising, by Brenda Shannon Yee
for Members:Hugs and Hurrahs ... news
of members' recent sales and awards.
Lonely Hearts Writers Club ... critique groups looking for members;
members looking for groups
Volunteer Opportunities ... to connect with others, learn more–and help us
The SCBWI-Michigan Mitten is ...
...the best way to stay fully informed about SCBWI-MI events
step in entering the network of support that we offer
The Mitten is now only available in electronic version;
it is sent out FREE to SCBWI members residing in Michigan. If you are not receiving your newsletter, double-check that your
e-mail address is up-to-date on your member profile at www.scbwi.org.
If your SCBWI member profile is up to date with your current e-mail and you are still not receiving your newsletter,
please contact Kristin Lenz or Jodie Fletcher to troubleshoot: kristinbartleylenz AT gmail DOT com or jodellafletch AT gmail
Submit articles, art, and news to the SCBWI-Michigan News.
Page last edited 8 August 2013